Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Cakes for Nephews

My nephew requested a Mickey Mouse clubhouse cake for his 3rd birthday.  What a challenge this was.  :)  Its a chocolate cake with Oreo Buttercream filling.  The foot, hand and mickey head are rice krispy treats covered in fondant.  He said it was beautiful...so I guess I did good! 


Here is the cake I made for my husband's nephew.  He is a hunter and asked me to make this. Its a chocolate cake with layers of eggless cookie dough filling and oreo buttercream filling.  Turned out really good.  This was my first time attempting the camo print.  I just took 3 different colors of fondant and twisted them then rolled them out.  It didn't turn out that bad for the first time.  I think I'll have to try it again, maybe trying something different this time.  Overall, he really liked it.  The little deer (or moose).. lol... is made of a rice krispy treat covered in modeling chocolate, modeling chocolate antlers as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment